Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting over the speed fear and keeping weight centered
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
PNWRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Where in the Pacific Northwest are you? We might be able to spand half a day together clinicing these topics...
That would be amazing. I'm in Seattle and alternate weekends in Vancouver BC. I was contemplating trying to make a trip down to Portland to try to book a class with you at Meadows but given my personal situation, my fiance and I are constantly driving back and forth between Seattle and BC, so a weekend to drive to Oregon is rare. I was sorry & sad to read about recent events with your former work place. Unbelievable that the management there cannot recognize true talent!

Quote:
For drills, it really sounds to me like you are intimidated by the toeside transisiton.
Pretty much I've tried to read every thread I could on this topic. I can transition from toeside to heelside with proper weight distribution so I *know* what a proper heel-to-toe should feel like (versus kicking out the back leg), but just can't do it!

Quote:
Next, go back to heelside Garlands. Why you might ask work heelside? Because it is generally the transition from heel to letting the board "point" that is the scary part for most people.
Spot on.

Quote:
Do NOT pressure the toe of the back foot UNTIL the turn is well established; about 45 degrees is ideal
OK, so back foot remains flat until the turn is 45 degree off the fall line.

Quote:
I have been helping Vicki on these
I've read up on almost all of Vicki's threads to learn as much as I could (very impressive & rapid progress! Kudos to her). So rapid in fact, that after her first couple of posts, the information was beyond my level

The cowboy stance sounds interesting. I'll try that on the slopes on Sunday.

Thanks for all the advice Snowolf! I'll let you know how it goes.
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote