Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - things to do in Silverthorne/Dillion
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
My favorite spot between Summit and Denver for this kind of food is Jersey Boys Pizza and Deli in Dillon. Just off the main drag right at the top of the hill like the 3rd light up from the interstate (maybe 5th ). They serve Dam Brewery beer which I love, the extra Pale is delish. The pizza and cheesesteaks are serious business too.
I'll hav e to give that a shot, like I said I won't be eating out much. I already planned on visiting the Dam brewery, drank quite a few of the extra pale couple years ago at A-Bay. I do want to take the tour of the brewery, and of course try out several of each flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Well damn, I would've been willing to meet up with you if I was gonna be around. I just happen to be catching a flight to Florida in the morning. The wife's sister is getting married.

You're gonna be shocked by the lack of snow. I shit you not, there was more snow in mid-June last year. Maybe late June. My last powder day was in June up on Berthoud last year. It sure looks like my last powder day this year will be sometime in February. February was solid, the rest of the season has sucked ass. It's gonna be warm though, so you should get to ride some decent spring conditions. If it ain't gonna snow, it might as well be spring turns.
Ah bummer bro, coulda been a good time, watch out in Fl. I hear they shoot people for the hell of it down there I don't mind spring slush as long as there is something to slide on. Lack of snow...hahaha..I was out riding jetski's 2 weekends ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
You brought your mountain bike right?
Ummm no....the thought of putting wheels on my board did cross my mind though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Go 50/50 with your clothes. I have worn nothing but shorts for the last 2 weeks. Most on the mtn, other than serious gapers/tourons, have just snow pants and tank tops or tshirts. It feels 60 in the day and probably mid 30s a night.. I rode my bike home at 11pm las night doing 40mph downhill and didn't get cold. I had on a shell and shorts. There were quite a few people boarding and skiing in shorts yesterday too.

I don't hang out in silverthorn ever so I don't know where to go there. If your woman is with you they have a decent outlet mall there and sales are on right now.... They may chill for that Easter week though with all the mexicans in the area.
No woman with me, but I dig outlet sales. I was packing last night, mostly t-shirt's a couple pairs of shorts, for outwear light shell jacket/pants, hoodies and some dry weave shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
If you are riding in a t shirt, make sure it's a long sleeve. Snow burn sucks and it's no joke. The weather has been ridiculously warm, which in Denver is kind of nice.
I'm one of those people that burn once and then can spend hours and hours in the sun. During the summer I spend 10-15 hours a weekend on the water with out sunblock, guess I'll pack some anyway. I've got everything from SPF 10 to 50 (people always leave that crap on my boat )

I'm still excited to go even if conditions won't be great, I'm spending 3 days at A-Basin and 1 day at Loveland. I get back on a Thurs. night and I'm taking my boat out on Sat. So I will literally be going from slashing snow to cutting wakes this year