Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longboard or Freeboard?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

I pushed around my neighborhood for about an hour last night just to get a feel. The stock bearings, bushings and wheels are very kush, the wheels are S9 69mm 75a durometer, so very soft. I wouldn't take this board down anything real steep. It's very fun but the feel is much different than a traditional truck with one kingpin. The deck has some moderate flex and camber to it. Edge to edge it feels somewhat vague in the center of range of motion but as you approach the edges it kind of crispens up. However, this doesn't mean you can't turn precisely, you just have to adjust to the feeling. Going ~20mph on it, it definitely feels a little hairy at first compared to a normal truck. It kind of wobbles around in the center at speed and like a reverse camber snowboard, you have to be deliberate and not lazy with your movements.

I tried a few slides and couldn't get the hang of it and got sent running off every time. It turns VERY sharp if you get it way up on edge. Overall, the board is on the shorter side of mid (35"L x 23"WB) which I think is good. It's top mount drop through so it's really low. I would definitely want to get out on some mellow hills.

For longboarder enthusiasts, you probably want to keep another board around with traditional trucks because this is quite a bit different than the traditional skateboard. But, if you mostly skate in parks and just want something to ride to class, the park or around urban areas and you want really nimble handling and a mellow cruiser, this might work well for you.

Overall, I give the Sidewinder trucks an overall positive as well as this complete. It's a fun, different ride that's a little more versatile than you might think.

Last edited by CheeseForSteeze; 03-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote