Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Swapping Ride VXn for Burton Missions
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kauila

Default Swapping Ride VXn for Burton Missions

I've been using Ride VXn bindings (current board: 2010 Arbor Cadence) for a few years now, and they work OK enough for my riding. This season I got some new Vans Aura boots which have improved my riding overall, but the boots are wider than my previous pair (Burton Emerald), so now it takes forever to strap in because I have to seat the sole of the boot in the binding just the right way or the binding won't buckle.

So I thought just for the heck of it I'd swap my Ride VXns for my son's outgrown Burton Mission bindings (size S, 08 or 09 year, can't remember) that are sitting around in my closet because they might fit my boot better. I haven't done it yet, and of course I won't know if there's any improvement until I'm on the snow, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Missions and if I should even bother swapping. I don't want to waste a day on the hill if I'm stuck with a binding that's no better than the VXns. And my son will have to look away with distaste that his mom is using his old bindings Actually, I don't think he cares.

I'm short on $$ to spend on new gear at the moment, otherwise I could look for a season-end deal on better bindings. I probably won't upgrade my bindings until next season.

I'm not a super aggressive rider, lately been riding blue groomers moving toward easy blacks, very minimal park. Haven't ridden much this season due to crappy early season and uncooperative work schedule.
Kauila is offline   Reply With Quote