Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longboard or Freeboard?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
dkzach

I have a freeboard... Thought it would be awesome since its like snowboarding... but its not at all... Its basicaly like riding an indoboard length wise down a hill, sounds like fun but it is very difficult which also made it hard to commit to. I would say long boarding is much more fun and way more versatile! the reason the freeboard is kinda lame is I live in an area where there are lots of awesome hills but its pretty much flat getting there and you really cant ride a freeboard less your going down a hill. But if you live in san fran GO FOR IT haha. That and the "bindings" dont really fit certain skate shoes well...

The only thing I really loved about freeboards is they can stop really easily other than that they are just really awkward to ride and you cant cruse at all. Maybe if they found a way to make the board really really light it would solve some problems

And I would recommend building your own custom deck. my set up is a landyachtz nine two five, bear grizzly trucks and orangatang 75mm 80a durians with rocket bearings. it awesome for downhill and crusing around put some 82a zombie hogs and its pretty sweet for sliding
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote