Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stevens Pass March 17-24
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Oh I don't doubt it. There is also awesome stuff at Baker too. In fact there is a whole bunch of awesome all over the place out there. Part of the reason for sticking around Stevens is just that I really wanted to get to know the place. After touring there for seven days, I now have a fairly complete working knowledge of how the backcountry works in that area of the pass. I doubt I'd ever be there and not be riding with Ale, but it's good knowledge to have.

The other reason for not traveling out of that zone, was that Ale's vehicle is less than road legal. "Mad Max", is not something I'd want to drive more than an hour with. We got pulled over on our last day and the cop went over a laundry list of things that needed to be fixed to deem it road worthy. It was kind of funny, except that he was considering declaring it not road worthy, but he eventually let us go with a warning. Limiting your time in it, definitely increases your life expectancy.

Hopefully next year, we'll get around a bit more. There is a lot more bc riding I'd like to check out in the state for sure.

Last edited by killclimbz; 04-04-2012 at 04:42 PM.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote