Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stevens Pass March 17-24
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Then we got into the "Lost Helmet" couloir. Why is it called lost helmet? I lost my helmet on the skin up. Fell out of the carry on my back. Make a note, if you are using a helmet carry on your pack, make sure to clip the helmet so that it can't fall off. Not a huge deal except that I lost my helmet cam mount. Fortunately I did pack the goggle mount that I got to use for the rest of the trip. We lapped the couloir one more time to try to find the helmet, but the steep terrain took it to who knows where. If you are hiking behind Yodelin this summer and find a helmet that has a sticker on it that says "Telemarking is Stupid" please shoot me a pm...

Lost Helmet Couloir was powdery goodness though.

Thursday, the Duke of Delridge joined up with us for a tour on Heather Ridge. The avy danger had dropped down considerably since the day before, so we got a little more aggressive with our terrain choice.

We shuttled a vehicle to Yodelin so that we wouldn't have to return to the ski area or hitch hike at the end of the day. So while waiting YC and I had some time to kill. Did I mention the snow is ridiculously deep there?

YC made some fine snow art while we were waiting...

Cont...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote