Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Recommendation on wrist guards
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
tonto

Default Recommendation on wrist guards

Ok, though I'm an intermediate rider, I occasionally take some nasty falls. I never got around to learning how to fall properly with my fists clenched and onto my forearm.

I've been wearing the Burton R.E.D. impact wrist guards. They are comfortable, but they don't seem to have any sort of protection running underneath the palm.

I tried the Pro-tec IPS wrist guards which do have protection over the back of the hand and over the palm. This seems to offer more protection, but my main complain is the plastic protection that goes over the palm keeps slipping out of it's pocket. If it slips far enough out, then the protection is compromised, so I returned it to REI.

Recently, I took some hard falls that accumulated and caused me to severely strain my right wrist. Now I'm wondering if I should have stuck with the Pro-tec IPS wrist guards since they seem to offer more protection.

Anyway have a suggestion on some other wrist guards that will offer better protection than the Burton R.E.D. impact wrist guards? Or is it inevitable that I'll end up having some sort of injury no matter which wrist guards I end up with?

Thx,
Tan
tonto is offline   Reply With Quote