Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Recommendation on wrist guards
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
tonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irahi View Post
Flexmeters are the best wristguards I've ever used. The gloves are crap, but the standalone single splint wristguard + a high quality glove is my preferred setup. The flexmeters themselves are a bit bulky, so you're pretty likely to have to size up on the glove, but they're very comfortable to wear and provide excellent progressive protection, so they absorb a lot of impact before transferring it anywhere.
Funny that you mentioned Flexmeters. After posting the thread, I ran across some pics of wrist guards. The Flexmeters got my attention and I started looking more into them. The one I am leaning towards is the Flexmeters double-splint. I'm sure the single-splint version probably offers better protection than the Burton R.E.D. impact wrist guards I currently have, but now I'm a bit paranoid about protection and thought the double-splint version may be better for me.

The next concern I have is sizing. On one website, it gave sizing recommendations based on the circumference of your palm, which would set me at a size large. But then I went on the Alps Gear website where the measurement was based on the distance from the wrist to the tip of the middle finger, which would set me at a size medium.

Another concern I have is whether or not I would need to buy a new set of gloves. My current medium Dakine Rover gauntlet gloves are large enough to allow me to use the Pro-tec IPS or Buton R.E.D. wrist guards. The Flexmeters seem a bit more robust & thick, so do I need to purchase a new set of large Dakine Rover gloves?

Thx,
Tan
tonto is offline   Reply With Quote