Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why you shoudn't carry your board bare hand
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
The ER is the dumbest idea and biggest waste of time unless you are going to die in the next 24 hours from it.
I agree somewhat. I've had a few ER visits. Twice for a broken hand... 4th & 5th metacarpal the first time and then the 5th metacarpal again in the same spot the second time. The first time I also had some of the wrist "stones" dislocated. After the adrenaline wore off, this shit was super painful.

So where do I disagree with you on this? Painkillers. There is nothing better than a shot of Dilaudid at the doc's for this type of pain. I've also had to go to the ER for Pleurisy (Google it). I'll just say, I'll take the broken hand pain over Pleurisy any day of the week. Pleurisy was no joke. I've never cried from pain, but that one did it.

By the way, when you have something like a broken bone and it's not a clean break, it's not a good idea to delay a doc visit.

Side story about broken hand incidents: Both times, the bones were bent upwards in my hand. Both times, I pushed them back into place while I still had the adrenaline. Nurses cringed when I told them that lol

Last edited by Leo; 04-03-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote