Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - worst crashes you've seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Whoracle

I wish i knew more people/had family i could go with. I dont mind boarding alone, but some company for the drive would be nice lol. Ive had 2 bad falls so far (bad as in i actually thought something might be damaged, ive fallen a lot haha).

First one was my second day snowboarding, one of the first runs of the morning we go up the vista express lift at Mt. Hood Meadows and go down the far right of the trails. I didnt realize there was a fairly steep decsent (for a beginner snowboarder, now it would be no problem) and was carrying too mu8ch speed through a flat, hit the hill and caught my heel edge while my toe edge was facing up the hill and whipped my head into the ground. I slid down the hill while my goggles and beanie stayed there. All because of this i wear a helmet, thought for sure i had a concussion.

Second crash was my first run after buying my own board. The board i learned on was rocker and i bought a cambered board (slight rocker in nose/tail) and after the first run right as i was nearing the lift, i stood up and stretched, caught my toe edge and went down hard. My arm was stretched out and i hit with my left shoulder overextending my rotator cuff. Boarded the rest of the day then went to Urgent Care and got some pain meds and a sling .
Whoracle is offline   Reply With Quote