Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Fine tunning your machine

976 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lernr 
#1 ·
What is your must have for your set up?

Any forward lean? Backs parrel to heel edge? detune? Let's hear it!

#6 · (Edited)
not "always" or at least not necessarily continuous - at season end we at Crystal sometimes surf over patches of grass and puddles to get to the base deck - it's fun :D

On my rock / rail / whatever board - 2 degree base bevel, detune tips, and sharp side edges.

Waxing almost every day and it sure pays! (don't do much structuring, though)

I also file my sidewalls / topsheet edges to round them a bit so that skiers can do less damage when they step all over my machine in the lift line. I hate it when they start slicing strings and chunks from the topsheet :mad: My board doesn't have to be pristine, but I am only OK with what I do to it...

#5 ·
I monkey grease the edges all sloppy like, sand the topsheet down to the carbon and slather Crisco on the bottom after every run.

Seriously though, nothing special, some wax helps, regular edge tune/detune tip, for reg mtn shred on a wide twin.

No must haves, but enjoyment rises with great snow for fresh tracks in the trees!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.