Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Instructing on ones own?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intheshit View Post

anyone have any tips on life? I hate this feeling of being a loser let me explain.

either I am working so hard I have no time or energy for anything else
or I am broke and lets face it- Being broke is pretty shitty way to live.

honestly? Start a business, work freelance, be a consultant etc. There a lot of jobs that can and will be flexible. You just need to be creative and find them. Don't get caught up in having to have nice things if you can't afford them. Find what you're good at, then figure out who's needing that skill. And if you can sell yourself you will do fine.

I do freelance/contract work. I end up working about 75% of full time. Lots of time to do what ever I want. A lot of my colleagues work 125% of full time. they take on way more projects then I. They have houses and kids and german cars. I have...ok had...a beat up honda. It blew up yesterday.....

I have a friend who is a full ski instructor (she snowboards when not at work) and I probably have rode twice as many days as she has this year. Like you said, she's spending her days teaching...

Last edited by mixie; 04-05-2012 at 08:43 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote