Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Instructing on ones own?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Intheshit

To be fair; our mountain pays for half day if not good business day and pays while you at work like a regular job.
It is a good place to work , just very hard in a real sense if you value your health and want to actually snowboard with people.

They have a unique system and hire a ton of people .. It would take pages to explain the specifics.

It is a combination of little things compounded by not having any real lessons in a season and just not surviving on the hours/pay anyways.

My first year was great. I learned as much as I taught but I also was fake every day to everyone I guess it was instinctual because I thought they were giving me a hard time turns out that I was being treated well compared to what came in next

--- edit
Yeah they take money from u for everything too. Training is paid on successful completion so u see a lot of forced failures and "favors" for passes, must buy things through and from them , must sell their products... Like I said I get that it's a team effort but they take it too far.

I know many business are hustle oriented -- snowboarding should not be one of them.

Last edited by Intheshit; 04-06-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Intheshit is offline   Reply With Quote