Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Big Red Cats
Thread: Big Red Cats
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Justin
Veteran Member

Default Big Red Cats

I got to go cat boarding for the first time 2 weeks ago. Went with a company called big red cats in Rossland BC.

We got in 11 runs i think. They say between 6 and 16 is normal. I think if the snow was a bit more stable we would have gotten more in but we had to go one at a time often.

Conditions would have been better earlier in the year as it warmed up 12+ degrees through the day and we were pretty much on north facing slopes only and in the trees after the temps climbed.

In the afternoon the snow felt like it was carpet and there were some great bails because of it.

Our group rented the whole cat so we didn't have to have weak riders with us and i think this would be a good idea if possible when catting. They evaluate the group for the first couple of runs and then terrain is dictated by those runs.

The guides were great and cautious. Holding us to one person at a time when needed but we never had any problems.

Last edited by killclimbz; 04-07-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote