Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Results from this past Sunday
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
PNWRider

Ok, back in Vancouver and examined my gear setup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
On the equipment side, place your boots in your bindings and strap them in. Look to see if your boot is properly centered on the board. If it has more heel overhang than toe, you may need to adjust the binding`s heel hoop for a smaller boot. Most bindings allow this adjustment to shorten the foot bed.
I don't think my binding allow me to adjust the heel hoop or I'm not sure what part of the binding is the 'heel hoop'. The boot looks to be centered on the board, as is the binding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
If everything checks out okay here, look to see if your "toe ramp" sometimes called the "gas pedal" is extended out enough so that the entire toe box of the boot rests on this. If the toe of the boot is just hanging over the edge of the binding, you are loosing valuable control surface here.
So this was an issue. My boot was almost hanging almost 2 inches over the toe edge of the binding. I extended the toe ramp out as far as I could. There's probably still half and inch of overhang, but much better than before. Hopefully, this makes a difference. I also
increased the angle on my front binding to 15 degrees and kept the rear binding at 0.

Things I'll work on tomorrow:
1. Shoulders should be parallel to my front foot. Since the binding is set at 15 degrees, I assume my shoulders should match this.
2. Back hand over the tail of the board
3. Lean more forward
4. Drop the front knee down and in
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote