Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Took a private lesson today
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Default Took a private lesson today

It was actually a group lesson where I was the only registered student, but hey I'll take it

Anyway, I've been complaining about handling steeps (in another thread) so I asked the instructor about that. So we went to a nice steep pitch and worked on C turns. Turns out I have the following problems:

1) I open my stance a bit on toeside. Not much, but enough to be a potential problem.
2) My C turns are too open
3) my C turns are too long
4) I don't use enough flexion and extension in the turns.

Anyway, took maybe 10 minutes to get me doing it right and the difference was immediate and very very gratifying. I could feel the difference going down Sterns. Way more control. That paid for the whole lesson, and everything else after that was bonus as far as I was concerned.

Most of the rest of the lesson was about finding new runs and trails on Seymour.

Anyway, I'm a fan of lessons. At least one per year. And I'll be doing another at the beginning of next season (assuming we get a season ) just to get a refresher.

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is online now   Reply With Quote