Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowolf - latest update 4-8-12
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

I take it none of you have ever visited Los Angeles? Being self centered and self absorbed is not just tolerated it's celebrated....sigh

Vicki, I love seeing your videos. I learned to ride at Snow Summit on the same runs. It's a bit of a drive for me, so I don't go there much anymore. Next season I'd be happy to ride up hill and run interference for you, I have no problem body checking an out of control skier

I just bought a new board and it's like night and day. I went from a trad cambered board to a camber/rocker/camber board. It's faster, much more stable and much easier to ride. I am glad I learned to ride on the beast but I am never going back!

Also, which black run is that in the video? it looks like you were on miracle mile and rode that back down to the bottom of the hill? Do you ever ride chair 5 and 6? It's a little steeper over there but in my experience it's better as far as avoiding people. It's all blue and black but nothing you couldn't handle. They don't always spin those chairs but there is a traverse across the top. Might not be possible this late in the year

I know it's the uphill skier that is supposed to watch out for you, however that is not doing any good as you see to be a magnet for people. Keep working on the head turning, and if you can get to where you're comfortable looking over your shoulder oh.....every 5 seconds or so you'll be able to see the trouble headed your way.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote