Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowolf - latest update 4-8-12
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
firstx1017

[QUOTE=mixie;501491]
Also, which black run is that in the video? it looks like you were on miracle mile and rode that back down to the bottom of the hill? Do you ever ride chair 5 and 6? It's a little steeper over there but in my experience it's better as far as avoiding people. It's all blue and black but nothing you couldn't handle. They don't always spin those chairs but there is a traverse across the top. Might not be possible this late in the year QUOTE]

Hi Mixie - the blue run in the video is the bottom of Miracle Mile and the Easy Black Run is the Diamond Section in the middle of Miracle Mile - where you can take a blue run to the left or take the black run on the right - this is the right which is the black run.

Chair 5 hasn't worked in 2 years I believe. At least they never had it working this whole year and we've been up there every weekend. Chair 6 is for the harder Diamond and Double Diamond runs - not willing to do those yet! My husband tried the Wall 4 times two weeks ago and fell every time. One time he even fell twice! lol

I have major problems with getting off the lifts on Chair 3 (Ego Trip run) and Chair 10 (Perfect Pitches run) I fall everytime so that it makes it no fun to do those runs anymore. I CAN do okay on Chair 7 (7-down run) but it is such a short run to have to deal with that chairlift stress!

So I start off on Summit Run in the morning to warm up until all the crazy people show up. Then we go over to Miracle Mile and then we head over and take Log Chute all the way down. The end of that is a Diamond also so I get my diamond practice from the middle of Miracle Mile and the end of Log Chute. By noon this old body has had it and has to save something for the next day as we board both Saturday and Sundays every weekend up there!