Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Report from 4/8
Thread: Report from 4/8
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
PNWRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by handscreate View Post
Your instructor laughed at you for holding your pant leg? I'm sorry to hear that. My friend is a Level 3 instructor & uses that tip to teach her beginning students & more advanced who don't lean forward enough. Eventually you should drop the pant leg once you're feeling more comfortable with your stance.
Yep; on the milder green I'm able to keep my weight forward but on the steeper green, I just ignored his teasing and grabbed my pant leg regardless

Quote:
I would suggest trying your rear binding at a negative angle (angled towards the tail of the board). You will likely find it will aid in your ability to control your turns much better.
Thanks, I'll try this. One thing the instructor mentioned that made sense was that he noticed the bindings were set back from the nose of the board. He suggested moving them forward to help with the weight distribution. I'll try this too.

Quote:
I think you should develop your skills before being concerned about going faster down runs. One you have the technical skills down you'll find you'll be more comfortable riding at faster speeds since you will have built up your confidence in your ability to handle most anything (if not anything/everything) you'll encounter on the runs you're riding.
I agree with this approach! It doesn't make sense in my mind to push to harder terrain when I still have to think "front foot, then back foot, then round the knee", as opposed to it being in muscle memory. Throw in "flex the knee, now extend the knee" and I have a lot to think about without worrying about the slope as well
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote