Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - It's time to setup the astroturf!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
nickwarrenn

Default It's time to setup the astroturf!

With my snow gone and dying to get back out, I'm going to get a solid setup for the summer. What I'm thinking I'll use is astro turf (6x9 feet mat is $30, thinking split it into 3x18 and then use some outdoor carpet on the landing, unless I need 4 feet wide in which case I'll need two mats. Thoughts?)

For a drop in ramp I was thinking of using a sheet of plywood rather than my hill as it's uneven (how big exactly to get enough speed for a rail + a bit of flat before it?)

For the jump I was planing on making a wooden ramp, with a 1:3 ratio, and then just putting the astroturf on top.

I have a few different rails so that won't be a problem, but I was wondering how well 8 months of PVC rails will translate to metal park features, and if it would be worth investing in one.

I'd love to make a jump too, but that isn't realistic so that won't happen, best case situation is to make it high enough off the ground to have a few feet drop off the end for some "bigger" spins.

I also plan on making some starting gate handles to pop in and out for practicing boardercross starts, shouldn't be hard to do.

Any comments, tips, related advice, bump for good luck, yah di yah di yahda?
nickwarrenn is offline   Reply With Quote