Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - worst crashes you've seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
i went into anaphylactic shock once after i received an allergy injection, so scary! I have a disease called cystinuria, which means my kidneys do not filter cystine or taurine. Therefore, it can build up and form stones 1000 times harder than calcium stones >.<. Thankfully ive only had them about 4 times, but my sister has had to have surgeries almost every year for them since she was about 5.
The one time I've had a stone so far, I was sitting on the couch after dinner, and I had my legs beside me with my elbow propping me up. I thought I was getting a cramp in my side so I sat up and stretched and thought nothing of it. But then it got worse and worse really fast, I went into my bed and was rolling around trying to find a position that didn't feel like a knife poking through my abdomen. Luckily my mom had come to visit that night and she got 911 on the phone, by the time they showed up the first pain wave had gone and I made it to the hospital as the next wave was hitting.

I actually didn't feel it leave, just felt it move to my blader. Now I have a glass or two of cranberry juice once a week whether I like it or not!

Is there no treatment available for you other than surgery? I can't imagine having stones multiple times and knowing it was only a matter of time until the next. Mine was the size of about 3 grains of sand stuck together. Who knew something so tiny could be so painful!?!

So yeah, I think I understand you could probably snowboard with a broken leg and not feel it!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote