Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - worst crashes you've seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
Deviant
Veteran Member

Never had a kidney stone thank god (knock on wood)

I've seen a ton of bad slams but one I'll never forget from years ago, even though technically I didn't see the impact. My friend Tyler and I are at the bottom of a run and we hear (or at least I heard) a long SNAP. Was late in the evening and dark out, small resort here in Ohio and open till 9pm. Finally saw where the sound came from, some kid must have had come hauling ass down the run out of control. He crashed through one of those old wooden slat fences like this...

We had these kind of fences off the sides of the run at about a 45 degree angle to the end of the slope, blocking a stream that runs around the front of the slopes. Normally there would be no way to hit it but the kid managed. I thought the kid was dead, impaled or something, he was totally motionless. I don't remember if he broke the fence or just dislodged the end of it but he went between the top and bottom slats and the middle slat was out of the post. Didn't take long to run over to him and realized the kid was unconscious. Kid woke up while we were with him and didn't have any idea what happened. He wanted to get up and leave but we kept him there till the lift op made the call and ski patrol arrived. Even though he was somewhat ok still makes me feel uneasy to think about.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote