Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's up with Ride's wacky board sizing?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
scotty100
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
I wouldn't put much faith in their weight by size chart... It's also downsizing because of rockered tips most likely. What kind of riding are you looking to do first of all?

And no...ride boards are not built for the 'young demographic...'

example:
Thanks for the reply and for sharing that awesome vid. This is my first season learning and I've managed to progress to linking my turns on groomers/blue runs at squaw in tahoe. I doubt I'll be doing anything more than building on fundamentals next season or 2 so was looking for something in all mountain category probably medium-soft flex. Ride (and K2) looked like good options due to their rocker/flat tech etc. I've done a lot of reading and comparing other board makes and it seemed to me that Ride's specs were on the smaller side when it came to rider weight which makes selecting a board a little tricky (for me anyway). Guess I'm a little confused as to why they are on the smaller side. Apologies if that's a dumb beginner type question...
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote