Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding pow-front vs. back leg
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Don't wish to HiJack the thread, but I feel the need to ask a "NooB" question,..

Originally posted by Snowolf;
use the rear foot to actually control edge pressure and tilt for a more surfboard like feel and to prevent the powder tomahawk.

I think I might just have a picture in my head of exactly what the "Powder Tomahawk" probably is, but just so I can be certain,..

WTF exactly Is a Powder Tomahawk?? I'm imagining the nose of the board Augering down Hard @ speed into the deep stuff and that, that serves as the starting point for this particular process?
Think of it like this... Ever seen someone or gone over the bars yourself on a bicycle? The bicycle stops but your momentum doesn't. The Tomahawk involves going fast, having your nose nosedive into powder which stops your momentum, making you basically do a front flip onto your ass. Sometimes these can be saved and you will actually land back on your board and ride it out. Other times you will fly through the air like a ragdoll