Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Finally SoCal is getting some snow
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #211 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
Dang,I thought WE had a long drive to Summit from Ventura - yet you're coming from Santa Barbara! What time do you leave in the morning.... 4:00? Do you go the back way thru Lucerne Valley or the 215?

Why did I think you lived in San Diego? I grew up in Ventura I wish I could move back. I love that place. Have you thought about getting passes/condo in Mammoth? It's probably just as far but a lot, LOT better. And the season pass is about the same. Condo rental might be more tho.

I did a shared season rental for mammoth this year and even with the not so great snow I still rode 50+ days and made a lot of progress in my riding. Not as much as I would have likes but hey....if that is all that I can complain about life is good eh?

Vicki, you would L O V E June Mountain. It would be the perfect place for you--I was there yesterday, on a Saturday, after 2 feet of fresh snow dumped and it still wasn't crowded or filled with douches.

It's like the old people/local mountain. Just a mellow relaxed vibe

p,.s. Not calling you old. I'm old!

Last edited by mixie; 04-16-2012 at 12:45 AM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote