Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - gnu cc vs yes basic
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yilijahsaurr View Post
I was actuallyn hoping you guys could help me with the board length as well. I'm 5'7 145 lbs and boot size 9.5. Would a board ranging from 154-157 be okay? Does it make that big of a difference? What are the pros and cons?

I heard some great things about magnetractionn, however, i dont know if it matters or not, but I am most likely not going to be boarding a lot in pow. Shouldl that effect my choice between the two boards?
I own a GNU Carbon Credit 153 and a Yes Great Dudes 154, which, to me is a souped up, stiffer, version of the Yes Basic. You'll have a lot of fun and no problem riding either board in any condition. If you're leaning toward the Yes, by all means, go buy it, you're not missing out on anything with the GNU....unless you ride crappy, icy conditions, then the GNU may be a little bit better, but not markedly enough where it should change your opinion. Also, I believe the YES still has a sintered base, if it does, the Yes wins.

As far as sizing goes. 154-157 at your weight is just dandy for all mountain riding, if that's what you are trying to do.

Uh, what kind of riding are you trying to do?

edit: for possible sintered base on yes basic
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote