Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - gnu cc vs yes basic
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
ju87

I own a Gnu CC 153 and this past season I had a ride on my friend's YES Jackpot (similar to the Basic).

I'm actually considering getting a Basic to replace my CC. Like the poster said above, the 2 board profiles are night and day and it comes down to your preference. The CC is reverse camber between the bindings and flat from the bindings to the tip/tail. The board feels very forgiving and turns very easily. The downside to this design is instability at speed, especially on harder surfaces. The board feels like it wants to rotate about the center.

The YES camrock profile is camber between the bindings then rocker thereafter. I prefer this profile. You get the stability of camber with the milder and shortened camber, but you still get the forgiveness of the rocker profile. On my other camrock board (Nidecker Megalight), I found that if I brought my knees together I could initiate a turn very easily, probably due to the action causing the cambered between the bindings to become flat.

The last thing is the magnetraction. If you ride in a place with icy or hard conditions, it's awesome to have.

As for size, I'm 5'10" 145lbs. My CC is 153 and for my purposes (no park, no jibbing, groomers, pow), I would have gotten a longer one. Currently considering a 155 Basic.

Don't think you can go wrong with either board though.
ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote