Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Finally SoCal is getting some snow
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #214 (permalink)
firstx1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyis4 View Post
I made half of the drive last night to Woodland hills then left early this morning. But I just take the 101 to the 134 to the 210 etc etc. Seems to be the fastest way
When we go on Thursday's we leave at 4:30 and taking the 101 to the 134, etc would be rush hour and would take FOREVER. So we take the 126 to the 5 to the 14, to Pearblossom the back way up Lucerne Valley. We stop for Dinner at Chili's in Hesperia and then head on up and miss most of the traffic. Plus we can use the car pool lane on the 14 which helps bypass a lot of traffic. We live in East Ventura right off the 126. When we go on Friday's we leave at 3:00 and go the back way thru Lucerne Valley and can still get there in about 3 hours. If we went the 101 on Friday at 4:30 forget it, thru Camarillo down to the 134 is bumper to bumper. We are stuck with those times leaving due to our work schedule.

Plus, you can save a lot of time with bad weather going up the back way. So, we have stuck with that. Also, I get very VERY car sick and the front way thru Redlands I get carsick - but I have no problem the back way as it is only 10 minutes on the winding road and you are at the top of the mountain and then just 10 minutes to the condo. A real easy drive......