Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Finally SoCal is getting some snow
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #216 (permalink)
Frankyis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
When we go on Thursday's we leave at 4:30 and taking the 101 to the 134, etc would be rush hour and would take FOREVER. So we take the 126 to the 5 to the 14, to Pearblossom the back way up Lucerne Valley. We stop for Dinner at Chili's in Hesperia and then head on up and miss most of the traffic. Plus we can use the car pool lane on the 14 which helps bypass a lot of traffic. We live in East Ventura right off the 126. When we go on Friday's we leave at 3:00 and go the back way thru Lucerne Valley and can still get there in about 3 hours. If we went the 101 on Friday at 4:30 forget it, thru Camarillo down to the 134 is bumper to bumper. We are stuck with those times leaving due to our work schedule.

Plus, you can save a lot of time with bad weather going up the back way. So, we have stuck with that. Also, I get very VERY car sick and the front way thru Redlands I get carsick - but I have no problem the back way as it is only 10 minutes on the winding road and you are at the top of the mountain and then just 10 minutes to the condo. A real easy drive......
Ouch. Those times really suck. I'm guess I'm lucky because I'm able to go there at time when I can avoid the traffic. The only time I've ever taken the back way is when I leave from my grandma's house or on Christmas when I snowboard in the morning and then go to my grandma's house. She lives in Palmdale, not to far off of Pearblossom. My friend got sick on the way up through redlands so new time I head up I might have to go up the back way. Thanks for the tip about driving up during bad weather. Might have to use it next season.
Frankyis4 is offline   Reply With Quote