Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Motorcycles!
Thread: Motorcycles!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmidWest View Post
Slyder I am originally from WI and I'm moving back next March, but how was the snowboarding season there with the lack of snow?
If I remember right we've talked a while back.

I'm in the area of Alpine so that is my home hill. They added a new high speed quad so now they have 3 and that helps. Like every where it bit bad. I still got 35+ days riding in, my kids a little more. Even Granite Peak struggled with snow issues. The UP did well, they had good snow early and late in the season.

Olympia has hired some great guys to run the hill that used to work at Tyrol Basin and they are really turning that place around. Mainly an all park hill now and some good jumps. With the bad snow they were making tons and kept their park in as great of shape as possible.
Speaking of park Alpine is so/so again. Some really good days, most not. They had a great jump line but as usual got ice and sketchy. If you a great rider it didn't bother you but us beginner it matters.

Not sure if you ever rode Little Switz but the owners of Black Jack in the UP bought them and they will be reopening this season as well. They have a deal on their season passes, all 3 of their resorts on one pass: Black Jack (Iron Mountain UP MI) Nordic Mountian(Wild Rose WI) Little Switz (Slinger WI) great deal if your able to get around

Where you gonna move to??? Maybe we can get some runs in together this year??