Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Motorcycles!
Thread: Motorcycles!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
Peoples opinions don't really matter. It's down to what fits you best. None of those 3 bikes are bad. It's pretty hard to buy a bad sports bike these days.
This guy speaks the truth... Anybody that says that one is way better than the other has some rose coloured glasses on. The big 4 Japanese companies bikes are, and have been in very close competition for so long that with any one of them you're getting a great product.

I happen to be a Yamaha guy myself, owned an FZ6 and R1, rode an FZ1 and an R6 at various stages of the game (a long with a lot of other bikes).

Personally I wouldn't buy a supersport anymore. Can't get going fast enough to enjoy them where I am, and I find them uncomfortable to ride slow. I'll probably get an FZ1 or Fazer 8 as my next bike. Still not sure...

For what it's worth, I spent 25,000 km learning on the FZ6 and looking back I'm really glad I did all that time on a sport touring with just a little less power than an R6. More comfy bike and I got to explore it's limits more than I would have on a supersport.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote