Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding pow-front vs. back leg
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
scotty100

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Think of it like this... Ever seen someone or gone over the bars yourself on a bicycle? The bicycle stops but your momentum doesn't. The Tomahawk involves going fast, having your nose nosedive into powder which stops your momentum, making you basically do a front flip onto your ass. Sometimes these can be saved and you will actually land back on your board and ride it out. Other times you will fly through the air like a ragdoll
That's exactly what happened to me at Squaw in tahoe this past weekend. This is my first season riding and last weekend was my first ever taste of the powder...literally...I was eating it big time and went over the front edge of the board about 3 or 4 times in some spectacular wipe-outs! Up to now my lessons have not included what to do when you ride powder and wow did I get creamed big time. If I wasn't tomahawking I was coming to a dead stop and had no clue how to get out of it and get going again...was a learning experience for sure!! I'm still not sure what to do but will be pouring over this part of the forum for the next few weeks to understand where I went wrong...
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote