Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - recommend camera
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
CaP17A

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospartan View Post
The newest Canon G series is called the GX, I believe. Supposed to have a pretty large sensor and take really good photos for not being a DSLR.

My gf got a Sony NEX-5N for X-mas and it is a baaaaaad ass camera. It's one of those "Interchangeable Lense" cameras that is not a DSLR. Has a sensor larger that some entry level DSLR's though, and can shoot I believe 7fps on the fastest mode (might be 10fps). We haven't learned all of the settings yet, or really even come close, but even for a point and shoot it still takes amazing photos. It came with a lense (20-70mm maybe?) and there are about 6-8 other lenses you can purchase for it. You can also purchase an adapter which allows you to use any Sony DSLR lense (again, don't know the correct terminology but maybe called A-mount?) as well as a lot of Minolta lenses (Sony bought Minolta's camera division).

So that's what I got.
speaking of that ^^^ nyone heard of the new $8000 interchangeable lens camera sony just announced?? shoots 4k instead of 2k (1080p) and can shoot something like 120p fps in native 1080p as opposed to 30i or 60i in most other cameras <3<3<3 that > hpx
CaP17A is offline   Reply With Quote