Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Most common boards at your resort

12K views 37 replies 34 participants last post by  ippy 
#1 ·
Where do you ride, and what boards do you see the most there? If you don't ride at any one resort, just say what boards you see a lot. I'll start, I ride at Squaw and I see a bunch of GNU Carbon Credits, Skate Bananas, and of course every type of Custom ever created.

#7 ·
Mostly no name boards or cheap boards from Technine, Atomic, Contract, Salomom, Elan, Westige, Lamar, Rossignol, Airtracks, etc. Have no idea about models and years, but definately not many of them are from 2012. There are some Burton, Nitro, Capita Horoscope, K2 WWW, Flow Verve, GNU Carbon Credit & Street Series, Ride DH2, Bataleon Disaster also.

#8 ·
In my 20+ days in Eagle and Summit counties, I was surprised at the number of Skate Bananas and Burton Customs. Saw several Protos but expected to see more Never Summers.

#11 ·
I've seen a lot of everything at my resorts. Probably helps that it's a bit of a tourist destination so you get people from everywhere...

Last weekend I was getting my gear on and the car next to me everybody was riding Kessler and Oxess BX boards. I had to go over and have a chat! :D

I've seen a few T6's this year, lots of customs, t.rice boards, and everything in between. K2's salomons, lots of burtons.

#13 ·
Same list except the Horrorscopes. Maybe because I really don't know what those look like.

At squaw valley I was waiting for my wife outside starbucks and two dudes walked up, with the exact same board (skate banana) same color and everything. Hell could have been the same size. Both walked up, looked around to see if anyone was checking their steez out, and locked up the boards.

Man if I had the same board as my boy I'm not standing next to him. Not that it's gay or anything but it's pretty fucking stupid looking

#19 ·
Saw too many salomons at Squaw this year...mainly rentals...drift rockers...shit board...also a lot of man's board kicking around. Also K2s (turbo dreams and rayguns) and Burton customs everywhere. Last weekend though I was encouraged to see 3 different dudes on separate lifts with Jones mountain twin (sweet looking board).

#21 ·
Lots of skate bananas and burton customs (+flying Vs) and Quite a few Rome boards (Agent and garage rockers).

I ride lots of off piste powder and I see lots of burton barracudas, fishes and solomon sick sticks.

I also saw loads of gentem boards.

GENTEM STICK

would actually love to try one of these and probably will next season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.