Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to go in Canada?? Or the Alps?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Klang180

Bit late to this thread but you have one week and you want to fly all the way to Canada? It isn't worth it. Forgetting the 8-11hour flight and the killer transfer you will have jet lag and you are putting way too much pressure on there being good snow in that one week you are there.

I spent 4 months in Fernie and i loved it but it didn't snow once in the whole of January and it rained as much as it snowed. If you'd come over for one week you would have had a 50/50 chance at best that you'd get good snow. I am not trying to be down on Fernie as it is a great resort and town but no resort is worth that trek for just one week!

I also went to Lake Louise and Kimberly. The latter is pretty small and tame and the former is cool but i wouldn't go for a week even if the runs are better than the European equivalents.

I'd go to Austria if i were you, been to loads of resorts and they have a solid offering.
Klang180 is offline   Reply With Quote