Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Afraid of going too fast
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zypher

Default Afraid of going too fast

Hi there,
I'm a new snowboarder, I started snowboarding about 3 weeks ago. I'm very fanatic, right now I snowboard about 6 hours per week (a lot, considering I live in the Netherlands where there are no mountains around the corner :P). I snowboard at an indoor snowdome. I can do C-turns with my eyes closed and my arms on my back, and I can link turns quite easily on gentle slopes. But lately I've ran into a problem: I want to get started on slopes which are pretty steep, so I'm getting confronted with high speeds (high speed for me, for all you seasoned snowboarders it's probably still extremely slow). The ground at that indoor snowdome is only covered by a thin layer of snow, underneath that it's solid ice, so you can imagine I want to avoid falling. To improve as a snowboarder, I will have to go down that steep slope sooner or later, and even tough I feel like I'm ready for it I'm still not doing it because I'm afraid of falling with high speed on ice and breaking bones. Can anyone offer me a good piece of advise apart from "JUST DO IT!!!!"??

Thank you for your time ^^ and apologies for my bad English.
Zypher is offline   Reply With Quote