Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding pow-front vs. back leg
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
boarderinblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju87 View Post
Sorry about the OT... what kind of bindings are you running on that Mega? I have the same board and I think my bindings might be a bit too soft for it (Flux TT30).

Cheers
I usually prefer to ride with my Ride El-hefe and Rossignol HC 3000 on off-piste powder. I haven’t got any chance to try Flux TT before but I had chance to ride with Union Atlas and Union Force SL, softer ones compared to my bindings. I feel more comfortable and controlled with my hard bindings on powder compared to those Union`s(no offence-i’m not a pro and i really love to snowboard with unions on groomers ) Binding’s response rate counts for me if i make a mistake on powder while riding in high speed. I would suggest you to try stiff bindings with your board if possible. I believe that megalight(camrock) has good flexibility for those stiff bindings and you`ll see the difference on powder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
Mega is the MEgalight? Not a pow board FYI. Just another mountain "twin". No taper.

Tom Burt says about 10mm of taper is just about perfect for a "free ride" board, Helps with those pow turns in the steeps. I think hybrid rockers help even more.
I have very limited knowledge about snowboarding but Nidecker Megalight(camrock w/ultimate grip) is described as advanced to expert freeride and powder board by the company and other review sites as well as I see.

It’s definitely not a twin board. On the contrary, it’s directional and nose is significantly longer/wider than the tail. This board features 20mm of taper.

I agree with your perspective about hybrid rockers. Actually, from a distance my camrock board looks like a rocker board but when you look closer you see the little camber between the feet.

Last edited by boarderinblack; 04-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.
boarderinblack is offline   Reply With Quote