Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Report from 4/8
Thread: Report from 4/8
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
PNWRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by handscreate View Post
This is a sport where pushing yourself (within reason) will prevent you from plateauing out & getting comfortable with what's easy & familiar. Don't confuse this with me telling you to push yourself to an unsafe riding situation, but more a friendly shove in the right direction
Thanks handscreate, I tried to take this advice this past weekend. Went up to Crystal Mountain in WA for spring riding. Somewhat mixed results. The snow was quite choppy but I was able to link turns on some of the medium greens. Was not able to get enough speed to get through the flats at Crystal, which was quite annoying but I have only my speed fear to blame

I tried the easiest blue on the mountain but the "easiest" blue was covered in moguls and I was like "Um, ok, falling leaf on the heal edge it is". Managed to consistently link on the transition from the blue to the green which was a nice way to end the day. Caught the flu but hopefully will be recovered enough to go again on Saturday. Racing against the summer now; four more weekends before Crystal closes for the season, so I really need to step it up and link on blues before the season is out. Wish I had a camcorder to request a critique, but that will probably have to wait till next year.
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote