Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon Goliath vs Ride Manic vs Other Suggestions? (Very First Board)
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
cjdarling19

Default Bataleon Goliath vs Ride Manic vs Other Suggestions? (Very First Board)

I plan on buying my first snowboard in the coming weeks and I am looking for input from you guys on what particular board I should get. Thus far, I've been riding about six times total and I usually go on a big snowboard trip once or twice every season. Given this, I would say that my skill level is an intermediate. I enjoy riding the whole mountain, especially the pow, but this past season I learned to grind and hit small kickers at the park which was really fun and is something I plan on doing more of in the future.

So far, I've narrowed it down to these boards. My price range is ~$300. I am 6'1 and I weigh around 185. I don't remember what my boot size is, but my shoe size is a 12.

1. Bataleon Goliath ($225 for a 161cm at o2gearshop.com and $330 at every other site I've seen)
2. Ride Manic ($204 at eriksbikeshop.com)

When I went to Tahoe this past Christmas, I rode a Bataleon Whatever as my rental board and I really liked it. I had a hard time going straight at times, but I never caught an edge which was great. On the other hand, I've never ridden the Ride Manic before, but I've heard great things about it. I heard of it because I saw it won the Good Wood award for an all-mountain board under $400.

So, that being said, which of the two boards would you guys recommend? Or, would you recommend another board within my price range? Also, would a 160w or a 161cm fit me best?

Thanks for taking your time to read this post, I really appreciate it! I'm open to any advice or suggestions you guys have. This will be first very first board so I am taking my time and trying to get as much help as I can! Thanks again!
cjdarling19 is offline   Reply With Quote