Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longboard or Freeboard?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
NightRider2613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
What did you end up getting Nightrider?
I wound up going to a local board shop in Baltimore and fell in love with a Never Summer Swift that they had on clearance for $150. It came with 72 mm NS wheels, Randall R II's, and Bones Reds bearings. The board just felt awesome, it is cambered, so I am loving how it carves like a snowboard. In all honesty though, being new to longboarding, the thing that initially caught my eye about it was the snow-capped mountain graphic I am at work now, but I will post a picture of it tonight.

In talking to some of the people at the shop, and telling them that I was a snowboarder, they told me the Swift was a perfect fit. I am really glad that I went with it.

I have been working on getting up my confidence to do some small hills, but I have been having a blast just cruising around on it at the moment. I have to agree with everyone, it is a sick way to stay on a board in the summer when the snow melts.

I have found some good hills for bombing, so I am hoping to be hitting those by the end of summer as my confidence builds. I will keep you posted.
NightRider2613 is offline   Reply With Quote