Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Proper boot fit - what does "good fit" mean?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
PNWRider

Default Proper boot fit - what does "good fit" mean?

This is not one of those threads where I haven't tried the boots on yet. I've bought the K2 Maysis in both 9 and 9.5 but I'm not sure which is the better fit or what constitutes a "good fit". I can return either one to the store.

Does a "good fit" mean the boot should be slightly uncomfortably tight at first and as it packs out or is heat molded, becomes more comfortable?

Or does a "good fit" mean the boot should be 100% comfortable from the getgo? This worries me because my Saloman Synpase were super comfortable from the start but became too loose as the liner packed out.

At one store, the salesperson told me that he likes his toes crammed against the the toebox. At another store, the salesperson told me that there should be some wiggle room otherwise the lack of air insulation will cause the toes to fall asleep. *Confused*!

I wore the 9.5 around the office for a couple of days. They felt uncomfortably tight at first, but after a couple of days, felt pretty good. On my first day riding, they definitely provided more support and confidence than my packed out Saloman Synapse 10 Wide with the broken speed laces. However, after a couple of hours, I noticed some prickly sharp pain in various places on my foot and my toes had also fallen asleep. I think this is because I had overtightened the Boa wheels. I was not able to tell if I had overtightened them because the boot was inherently too big or because I just got carried away with the slick dials.

The boot fitting guy at the shop said the 9.5 is a better fit and that with the intuition liner, the boots don't pack out that much. On the other hand, I can get my feet into the 9 as well and while they feel uncomfortable tight right now, perhaps with some heat molding, they will be a better fit.

Thoughts anyone?
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote