Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longboard or Freeboard?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
NightRider2613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Nice,

That looks like a fun board. The only issue you will ever have is trying to ride switch, but if thats not in your near future then who cares. That board is both flexy enough to carve and cruise but stiff and responsive enough to bomb

My advice to you is get some sliding gloves, or make some. and learn to speed check, the best way to learn that is to carve really aggressivley and try to kick your foot out and slide your back wheels both toe and heelside, just like skidded turns on a snowboard. Knowing that you can scrub your speed off will help your confidence a ton and make the sport a whole lot more enjoyable. You can also learn to stop by putting your trailing hand down behind you and laying a heelside carve/slide to a stop.

Learning to control my speed and stop when I needed to changed the sport, I wasn't freaked to get my speed on.

Happy riding!
Thanks, it is a pretty sick board and I am really stoked about riding. Thanks for the advice on speed checking. I ordered some Landy sliding gloves last night, and I am going to start working on controlling my speed a bit more when they come in. I haven't been going that fast because I am just dragging my foot at this point to slow down. Speed control is without a doubt my biggest issue right now, so hopefully I can learn to slide and keep the speed in check. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for the advice
NightRider2613 is offline   Reply With Quote