Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vans Aura 2011 for Beginner?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Flip

Default Vans Aura 2011 for Beginner?

Hi Guys,

A request for some advice, if I may... I am a beginner snowboarder, a stone's throw away from linking my turns (only lacking the finesse and confidence I think), and I have all my own equipment. I probably do a total of two weeks on the snow a year.

My current boots (size 10 flows) are second hand, and I thought fitted nicely, but they now leak, and are past their best so I started looking for a replacement. After a holiday with mates, I fell in love with the boa lacing system, and have since been looking at vans and 32's as a boot upgrade. Scarily I found I am an 8.5 in vans, and a 9-9.5 in 32's - bit different to my comfy Flows.

I have now been offered a pair of Vans Aura's in the right size for a reasonable amount of money, but I worry these might be too stiff for a beginner, what do you guys think? I'm going to be a piste 'boarder for a good year or three, not good enough for parks yet - but I've also been trying to get linked turns down for a LONG time, so I don't consider myself a faster learner.
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote