Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Sweet Protection

8K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  areveruz 
#1 ·
#15 ·
I found a site that ships to the US/Canada and they even had some of last years models on sale, not that it matters because if you get one of these its pretty much guaranteed that you would be the only person anyone ever sees one of these helmets on.

I just ordered the trooper in gloss white.

#28 ·
Holly Crap!!

This helmet just arrive and all I can say is wow. Its so damn comfortable. Feels like it was custom made. I especially like how there are internal cut outs for the ears, rather then just straight padding. Its supper low profile when its on too. I used to wear a Bern Carbon Fiber WATTS and id say this sits with at least a 25% lower profile.

the venting system seems looks very solid with the front vents leading to 8 vents over the top of your head pointing down. Looks like some thought went into this.

Its not cheap, or easy to find, but even with high hopes this has surpassed my initial expectations for look, comfort and fit.

If you are on the fence, and are willing to invest this much into a helmet you have my two thumbs up.

ill post some pics in a sec

#31 ·
Holy shit, I need to work on developing some boutique product that people will spend crazy money on... to fund myself being a lazy fuck with not much better to do than go ride... Why work?

Side note: I can stick a fake carbon fiber decal on peoples $60 helmets, only cost you $39.95. PM me for details :D

Seriously though, are we this bored and obsessed with snowboarding gear?

Probably :thumbsup:

#34 ·
Very cool helmet. Price is not out of line if you consider the history of premium protection gear (arai carbon etc.) I thought it would be lighter though, 500g per website vs smith vantage at 440g.

Let us know how that ventilation system goes.

#35 ·
Its heavier then my Bern Carbon which I think is 400g, but you can tell the Sweet is a different league of build quality, plus the Bern is essentially just a sheet of pure carbon fiber over the foam protection. The sweet has more quality padding, and is just a better build all around. The said the Sweet is smaller then the Bern... Not head size, but just overall profile.

Unfortunately with the shit weather in the forecast it wont look like ill have a chance to try it until the end of the week.

#41 ·
Outstanding! Make sure you pour a good hef in there as befits the purpose :) I'm with you on aesthetics and function...good design should incorporate both.

Wine is a hobby of mine also, ditto craft beer. If you are ever down in Tahoe boarding give me a shout and we'll combine all 3!!

#43 ·
So after 3 full days on the slopes i wanted to give a little more feedback on the helmet, specifically the venting.

Fit is great. Its the closest feeling to not wearing a helmet I have experience...even ore so then my bern watts carbon which is strange because the bern weighs less.

The venting works good. I was out on a warm day where snow turned to rain, and I actually really appreciated the fact that there are open vents on top that would all any water, or snow in. The venting sucks the air in with no moisture.

With that said I probably wouldnt use this helmet in the summer mountain biking. It is a winter helmet (as advertised). I could picture on a hot day wanting as many vents as possible, but in the snow/rain i prefer this design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.