Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Could use some help picking a board!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Not sure what boards are readily available to you in Aus. I am proudly a Neversummer "fan boy" and for your desires, the NS Proto would be an ideal fit. Problem is I think its an expensive proposition to get a NS down under...

Since you mentioned Gnu, I assume they are available to you locally?. I agree that the carbon credit may not be as much of a high end performer as you might be wanting. I rode both the Rider`s Choice and the Park Pickle with the asymmetrical sidecut. The Riders choice was solid and had a great "does everything well" feel. The Pickle was just flat out one of the funnest boards I have been on other than my Neversummers. The thing just killed it on everything I put it through and it did just great free riding as well as park.

Hope that helps and doesn't muddy the water too much...cheers mate...

Certainly its hard to get your hands on a NS board down here and if you do its a lot of cashola to fork out. Where are you in AUS? I would recommend going to ballistyx in Ringwood as they have a huge selection of boards, from ride to lib, gnu, niche, rome etc

I am almost certain they have GNU riders choice for around $500. i have one and love it, i haven't tested it too much in the park cos I'm not quite on that level but i hear great things about it. I know they also have a billy goat and some yes boards. Ask for frosty down there if you go, he knows his shit and will hook you up a bit on price.

Ballistyx Since 1992 - Shop Online For Snowboards, Skateboards, Longboards, Scooters, Shoes & Clothing. FREE Shipping Australia Wide - Ballistyx

Last edited by cjcameron11; 04-30-2012 at 10:50 PM.
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote