Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Gear Sale Tactics/strategies?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
bntran02

The gear will be 2011/2012 gear with a few 2010/2011 items that never got sold.

I will share my strategies since I am in the same boat as you. I use spadout.com and just use google's site (Google Product Search).

1) I find all the merchants that have the product that I want in the size and color that I want. THERE IS NO SINGLE WEBSITE that will give you prices for every merchant there is out there. That is why Spadout and google have been my top search tools. I have tried places like gearscan.com but none have ever been as comprehensive. When the number of merchants that have your product in stock dwindles down to 2 or 3 then I buy as long as the merchant seems reputable. This will be the lowest price when the product is still available.

2) Several other merchants offer price matching programs. This works great when the merchant with the lowest price does not yet have long standing good reputation. For price matching I use evo.com because they are very large and reputable. They price match AND undercut by 5% assuming they also have your size/color available.

3) I also used geartrade.com. They sell used and new gear that have been returned for whatever reason and backcountry.com seems to be their primary seller. Backcountry is very reputable so I have no problems buying returned gear from backcountry. I like this site a lot because they specifically state and show pictures of any defects. Most of these defects are only cosmetic but come at deep discounts. MANY times an item is purchased then used once and returned because it was the wrong size. I have a coworker who buys 3-4 jackets and returns all the items that don't fit exactly how he wants. With backcoutnry's unlimited return policy this happens A LOT.

Just from a quick search I have found the burton Cartels for $137. They are also available at evo.com which means you can get them for $130. I hope this helps and I hope you can get your gear at a deep discount. Good luck!

Last edited by bntran02; 04-30-2012 at 10:39 AM.
bntran02 is offline   Reply With Quote