Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thanks for the help last time... expanding the quiver advice
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
luckboxing

Default Thanks for the help last time... expanding the quiver advice

I've been riding a 2010-11 Never Summer Legacy 156 (a mid-wide board) for two seasons. This was my first real season of more than a few trips (~50 days at Cypress, 3 days at Whistler, and a waist-deep weekend in Revelstoke). I've been happy with the board, but I don't know if I need a mid-wide board any more and would like to take advantage of the season end deals. I went from a size 11 2006 Vans boot to size 10.5 32's (would drop to size 10 next time).

5'10"
165 lbs (been dropping a bit)
28 years old
Size 10.5 boots (should buy 10.0)

I'd like to get 2 setups... as I'm searching for powder and riding in the trees after any fresh snowfall and happily messing around in the park on the other days. It's also likely that I'll be making the move up to Whistler this winter.

I'm pretty comfortable riding anything (plan on taking some lessons early next season though), can 50/50 or boardslide most features, and just started consistently landing 360's in the park.

Considering a Proto (154 or 157) and a Raptor (164) or maybe Yes Pick your Line (161/164) as they seem to have good reputations on here.

How different would the Proto feel compared to my Legacy? Are boards changing at all next year? I can find the NS boards for just over $300 now if I buy in the US. I'm open to suggestions of all brands.

I bought Ride SPI bindings in XL and the buckles are starting too slip and I think they're a bit too big. Was planning on picking up Malavitas and Restricted Cartels in large. Good plan?
luckboxing is offline   Reply With Quote