Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

DRYRIDE ultrashell?

11K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MistahTaki 
#1 ·
What is this fabric Burton seems to boast about? Is it really waterproof? Thinking about getting some low profile gloves with this fabric. But I don't want to drop some money on some water absorbent gloves.

#2 ·
Burton says:

DRYRIDE Ultrashell™ 2L
You’ll find DRYRIDE Ultrashell™ fabrics throughout the Burton glove line. Built around the demands of high-energy riding, DRYRIDE Ultrashell fabrics are both bomber and breathable to keep hands dry and protected. Offered in various performance levels and stretch in some styles, with Ultrashell 2-layer coated offering a drier, more breathable level of performance.

Someone I know rode some in varying conditions and never complained about being wet or cold.

#4 ·
I have a pair and so does my son. Your hands will get wet. I found nikes 6.0 pipe gloves to old out the water beter and lasted about 70 days of 830-330/4 riding with my son before the seams tore apart.

Celteks worked good too and have not torn yet.

#5 ·
I have some Burton goretex gloves and they're great but I have been wanting thinner gloves. Im in the market for some low profile park/pipe gloves that I can wear all season long. Seems to me like there aren't any real waterproof pipe gloves. I have some celtek spring gloves but they get wet like no other. Does anybody know any waterproof low profile gloves?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.