Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Theft
Thread: Snowboard Theft
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

I'd imagine that lots of boards probably get stolen, I don't know of anyone personally that has had one stolen. Oh, not true sorry. My ex girlfriends brother had his brand new Ride Machete with brand new bindings stolen last year. He paid over %800 for the whole package & I think he only rode it about 5 times.

I used to bring a cable & padlock, but it's been locking my bbq up last couple years.

Now it either goes in my truck or I try to out smart them.

Usually there are lots of cable locks & chains all ready locked too the racks. I try to find on that will entangle around my board. So it @ least appears as though it's locked up. I twist, loop & wrap it around. So it's not an easy grab & run, you have to know how to unravel it.

Other days when the racks are packed full with boards, I will do a quick scan & find a section of really expensive boards that I wished were mine.
Then tuck mine in behind all those ones, with the theory "who's gonna push all these wicked boards aside to get to mine".

Plus it makes me feel SMART.

There isn't any power outlets too use a grinder @ my mountains. This I know because I have an electric cab heater in my truck & I carry 2) 100 foot extension cords in it. I've looked for one so I can plug my truck in. It's the best thing ever, I carry a comforter & pillow behind my seat. I've slept in my truck many times.

I just wish I was three inches shorter, height wise.

TT

Last edited by timmytard; 05-01-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: comedy
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote